Header picture not showing

Hi there, I’ve uploaded a picture to the correct res. In the header section in customise and it will not show on my site.

thebirdsnestcafe.uk is my URL.

I did originally have a picture in the Jumbo section but that would not resize to mobile devices, which would have been ideal to have instead of a smaller header pic, if there is a way to have that instead and will resize then great. Otherwise, how do I get the pic to show in the header?

Thanks

Hello @zakhammond,

The site is in under construction mode and I cannot see what is the problem exactly.

If possible, please provide me temporary admin dashboard access (via private message) so I can have a live preview of the issue and ideally send me a couple of screenshots to better understand the issue since right now is quite unclear.

Thank you!

Simply, the header picture is not showing. I will add you as temp admin now.

user: tempad
password: TeMpAdmin16!

Hello,

Thank you for the access.

I have logged in and added images to the header, everything seems to function alright.

Please have a look for yourself and provide more details about what seems to be the issue.

Regards

Hello,

Access is still valid, the picture I’ve uploaded in the headers is not showing on my site. Can you possible support as the only one showing is the default pic with the theme. I have clicked on my image to become the header but it simple will not change.

Also, would you know why the ‘Team’ photos are not in complete lines of three? It shows as a 3-1-3

Thanks

Hello,

I had another look and it seems to me that the header image it’s just working alright.
You can see now that is some other picture than the default one.

I have also added this CSS code to fix the team members alignment:

.widget_illdy_person:nth-child(3n+1){
clear: both;
}

Let me know if I got everything alright.

Regards

Hi there,

The header doesn’t seem to fit properly and I’ve checked twice that it is to the res that you require.

To add, it does not resize for mobile.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks
Zak

Hello Zak,

Can you please provide more details and preferably live preview of the website.
Screenshots would be greatly appreciated, as well.

Regards

Hi,

The login details I provided you are still active.

Basically, when I view the website on a mobile device such as an iPad and iPhone, the header image I have uploaded will not resize. I will upload a screen shot from my iPhone now, however on desktop it is fine.

This is the image on iPhone. If you view the website on desktop, it is the full image whereas this hasn’t resized for mobile

Hello,

You get this behaviour because on smaller screens the image has to stretch on the full height, while on desktop it goes for the full width.

There are workarounds for this, but unfortunately there’s no out of the box solution as some pictures fits better than others.

Long story short, you can get the picture go for the full width on mobile and tablets screens, but you will have either some white space top and bottom or have the picture repeat on the height.

Let me know if you want to handle some coding and I’ll provide it for you.

Regards

yes please! Any help to get the picture viewable will be great

To add, the picture doesn’t fully show on the desktop version either!

When I upload the picture and crop, it is not showing the complete picture that I’ve cropped.

Hello,

It seems like you are no longer using the jumbotron image on the website, so let me know if you still need help with this one.

Meanwhile, have a look down the search page for background-size: contain and try the different variations that you can find:

https://colorlibsupport.com/search?q=background-size:+contain/

Let me know about it.
Regards

Hello,

It seems like you are no longer using the jumbotron image on the website, so let me know if you still need help with this one.

Meanwhile, have a look down the search page for background-size: contain and try the different variations that you can find:

https://colorlibsupport.com/search?q=background-size:+contain/

Let me know about it.
Regards

Hi there, I was never using Jumbotron image on the website.
I read that you need to upload a picture to the correct size that you stated as a blog header image because it would re-size on mobile.

I have also found out that ‘Project’ does not allow me setting to add various projects!

Does this theme need updating and if so, can you tell me an easy way to update other than re-installing the theme and deleting the old one?

Hi there,

I was never using Jumbotron. I was made aware that I should upload a blog header image as this would resize automatically with mobile devices.

I am having a few other issues as now (see picture) it is not sizing for desktop either.

On top of this, some of the options in customiser is not available to me. For example, I can not add a Project (see picture two and three)

I think I might be using an older version, what is the easiest way for me to update, should I need to?

Hello,

To make the update you should first make a local duplicate of the current files as a backup and then just replace the old files with th new ones, overwriting them.

Regards

Hi there,

Could you please answer my other questions too?

Thanks

Please can you answer the following:

1. (see picture one) why am I getting this notice at the top of my website? Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/0/d609369993/htdocs/clickandbuilds/TheBirdsNestCafe9673/wp-content/themes/illdy-4/inc/customizer/panels/general-options.php on line 21

2. Under ‘General Options’ I can not see the ability to trigger ‘Static Front Page’ nor can I see this in the Settings>Reading option (See picture two and three)

3. Projects, still will not let me upload projects (See picture four)

4. Jetpack not longer shows in my Plugins section… I have gone to download it again due to not seeing it and I get the message shown in picture five (see picture five)

I’m getting various problems and it is frustrating now. Can you please let me know if you have a solution to all this, if I have done something wrong and a fix?

The login details are still the same as stating in our private message!