Post page messed up

Hi,

I have updated my Sparkling theme to the latest version yesterday. After updating, I accidentally turned off “Show post excerpts?” then when I realised my mistake I turned it on again - but unfortunately, this messed up all the post index page. It used to be looked like the picture attached and now it shows like this:

I cannot use pictures before the —more-- tag anymore as earlier. And text - like “share this post” shows on the index page, however, this text is not in my content.
I used a content builder to create those 2-colum boxes in my excerpts (1st column:text, 2nd column:image) and it worked really well -until now. (except that no thumbnails showed in the sidebar widget).

I tried to set up the excerpts manually one by one in the post but it does not work. It looks like I cannot use the —more-- tag anymore…

Please help me.
How can set up the excerpts correctly?

Thank you.

Hi @zkrista,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The more tag doesn’t work when the post displays excerpt and i can see the featured image is displaying on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

You might have added the custom CSS code in the theme files to make it display featured image at the right side of the post as shown in your shared screenshot but after updating the theme these changes might have overwritten so you have to make these changes again.

The theme doesn’t display “share this post” section, This can be displayed by plugin used on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is displaying it if any.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you very much, it works now. Except that the READ MORE button has disappeared.

One more question:
How is it possible to make the posts in two columns?
I would like to show more posts on the screen and it would look better in two columns as it is in the demo.

Thank you

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

To display the read more button you can try using the solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/more-link-not-visible/#post-49547

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your new question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on your existing thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.