SOS!!! Website doesn't upload-confirmed Activello error by Bluehost chat support

Hi there!

I really hope that You can help with my problem. My website: seems dead from at least 3 days now. :frowning:
I requested support from my web hosting team - Bluehost via chat support, and they tried to fix the problem, by replacing core files and disable plugins but it didn’t fix the problem.
What they find is this:
"
I have disabled plugins and still website does not work.

Here is the error log: [29-May-2017 08:49:21] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘inc/libraries/epsilon-framework/class-epsilon-autoloader.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/php/56/usr/lib64:/usr/php/56/usr/share/pear’) in /home4/rainbpx2/public_html/wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php on line 316

You need to contact theme vendor with the error log and they will check for the issue

"
I have no idea what it means. I sent an email to Colorlib Support already and they redirected me here.
I’m starting to seriously freak out… Even though there is not a ton of things on my website yet I worked a lot figuring things out and I’m 100% satisfied with my website look and feel and how it turned out so far; it would be a serious pain in the **** to start everything all over again.
Besides this error I’m beyond thrilled with your theme. I LOVE Activello!!!

Thank You so much for your help in advance!!!
I hope You could fix my issue.

Best regards:
Melinda

sorry, it doesn’t linked my website above:
http:// rainbowintheforest.com

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Hmm… That’s weird. Kindly provide us with some temporary admin access to your site. We’ll be in a better position to spot anything suspicious from here.

You can add new users by going to Users > Add New set the user and password for us, set the role to admin and set the info here. You can navigate here for more details:

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello!

I was so panicked that I sent my answer via email yesterday, and a few minutes ago I found out that I sent it to [email protected] mail address.

I’m copy-pasting my answer:
Thank You so much for helping me!!! That’s why I’m starting to freak out… I can’t log in either when I go to: rainbowintheforest.com/wp-admin it looks the same HTTP ERROR 500 I don’t know what could went so wrong because I didn’t edit my site at least 2-3 weeks now.AND since then I checked a little over week ago and it was perfect I wanted to check in there from 3 days ago and… BUMM :frowning: There is where I could add new users right? From my own logged in admin platform? Please help me figure this thing out!!! Am I the first one who have this kind of issue in Activello? Thank You so much for your time and help in advance!!! I’ll be forever grateful!!! Have a great day! Melinda

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

There’s no need to freak out, you should have all your data, pages, posts, media etc, just the same. Kindly ask the guys from Bluehost to go to wp-content/themes/ and remove the activello folder. You should be able to access your site’s dashboard once more. The only thing that won’t be there is the theme.

Once you get back into the dashboard, you can simply go back to Appearance > Themes > Add New and reinstall the theme.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

Thank You so much for your help and reply.
I contacted Bluehost Wordpress Support just as You suggested and in fact the Activello theme caused the problem, but when I reinstalled again it did the same thing. Bluehost Support now changed my theme temporarily but I really hoped that I could get Activello back on my site.I fell in love with this theme, seriously :slight_smile: But I don’t know what’s wrong. I find a similar topic to mine here as well:
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/error-500-message/
But when I tried to get activello back up on my site again, the site crashed again. Now I’m scared to even trying it again.
Do You have any ideas why this happened? And with just a few Activello users?
Thanks again!
Best wishes!
Melinda

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

It could be the case that you are using an older version of PHP. Please contact Bluehost and have them check to ensure ou are using a PHP version which is higher than 5.3.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank You for all your help but I’ll switch to 27 theme by Genesis Framework. The PHP was 5.6 already-so the problem is something else.As soon the Bluehost guy switched to another theme everything was alright again.
I don’t want to risk it happening in the future even though that I LOVE(d) Activello!!!

Thanks again for all your help!!!
Best wishes!
Melinda

Hello there,

I am sorry that you had to switch themes but we really appreciate your interest in our theme.

Best Regards,
Support