Videoclip as header

Hello,
I am currently making my first steps with wordpress, and have been experimenting with your theme. So far, I do like it a lot. But I would like to use a short videoclip (with autoplay and loop function) as banner (header) on the starting page. Is that possible, and if so, how do I manage to put it there?
If its not possible, is there maybe a step-by-step-instruction on how to use a gif (I think I read in the forum that that is possible)?

And I have one more question: is it possible that the background image is only featured on the landing page, but there stretches over the menu bar on the top and the white bar on the bottom of the page?

Thank you very much!
Best,
Ela

Hi Ela,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

I am currently making my first steps with wordpress, and have been experimenting with your theme. So far, I do like it a lot. But I would like to use a short videoclip (with autoplay and loop function) as banner (header) on the starting page. Is that possible, and if so, how do I manage to put it there?

To achieve this you have to use any of the following plugins and then develop custom code in the child theme of Activello theme to display the widget or shortcode provided by this plugin in to header.

If its not possible, is there maybe a step-by-step-instruction on how to use a gif (I think I read in the forum that that is possible)?

You can set the gif image in the Site Identity option of the theme as shown in the attached screenshot.

And I have one more question: is it possible that the background image is only featured on the landing page, but there stretches over the menu bar on the top and the white bar on the bottom of the page?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.home #page nav.navbar.navbar-default, 
body.home  div#footer-area {
    background-color: transparent;
}

html body:not(.home) {
    background-image: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you very much, that helped a lot!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hello Movin,
I am sorry to bug you again! I’ve grown more and more fond of your theme over the last days, and really love it now. But there are some more small things I cannot resolve on my own; it would be awesome if you could help me once more!
My site is: www.onetripahead.net

First off, the menu bar: on the landing page, it is displayed in the correct color, but once I move to another page, it turns white. How can I resolve this and change from white to #eaeaea and maybe also remove the “line” under the menu bar (only visible on the red sqares on the side of the site)?
Then, the last menu item displays subitems in purple after clicking one of the subitems. How can I change that color?
Next, the search bar (also in the menu bar): is it possible to make it smaller, and is it possible to change the looking glass color from pink to something else?

Then, the slider with the newest blogposts: Is there a way to highlight the title of the posts as it is not always easy to read (depending on the background).

Then, is it possible to display all new posts on the landing page in squares or rectangulars (now some are in rectangulars, some in squares).

And the last thing: How do I fill and get the social menu to show? (If there already is a post with this question, maybe you could just link me to it)?

Again, thank you so much for your time and answers!
Best, Ela

Hello,
I am sorry, me again. I just wanted to let you know that I did find the solution to most of my issues.
However, I’d still like to know if there is a way to highlight the title of the posts in the slider; and also if its possible to show only the title, but not the category on the slider if the site is accessed by a mobile device.
And how can I show only the most popular posts in the slider?

And the last thing: Is it possible to display all new posts on the landing page in squares or rectangulars (now some are in rectangulars, some in squares)?

Sorry for posting so much!!
Best,
Rafaela

@elatravels To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your other questions here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.